Snickerdoodle Apple Crisp
For the filling
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the cobbler
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- For the topping
- 1 cup of Spudsy Cinnamon Churro Puffs, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a an 8-inch cast iron skillet over medium-low heat. Add the sliced apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Toss to coat.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring often, until the apples just become translucent. Set aside to cool.
- Cream butter and granulated sugar in the bowl. Whisk in egg and vanilla extract.
- Fold in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Spoon tablespoons of the dough evenly over the apples in the cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle crushed Cinnamon Churro Puffs evenly over the dough.
- Bake for about 24-26 minutes until the cookie dough starts to brown. Cool slightly before serving. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Store in refrigerator loosely covered for up to 3 days.